Skin-Patch Testing Hen & Moon Products
HEN & MOON PRODUCTS ARE HOLISTIC, NATURAL, AND WILL HAVE VARIED RESPONSES WITH USE WITH DIFFERENT INDIVIDUALS. DIFFERENT COMPANION OILS AND PRODUCTS MAY WORK BETTER WITH DIFFERENT BODY TYPES, THEREFORE, CLINICAL JUDGMENT AND DISCRETION WILL COME IN TO PLAY. CONSULT THE HEN & MOON CLINICAL/AROMATHERAPIST/QUALITY ASSURANCE STAFF FOR ANY QUESTIONS THAT ARISE.
SKIN PATCH TESTING FOR AROMATHERAPY USE
When essential oils are introduced to individuals for the first time, there is a possibility of an allergic reaction occurring from use. When individuals have used aromatherapy products for years and experience a reaction, this is called a sensitivity (lavender and tea tree oil are commonly used in variety of products that individuals might have repeated exposure to). Sensitivity can build up in individuals who have used various essential oils repeatedly over time, due to various conditions and changes that occur with their skin integument and/or body chemistry. Individuals may also have some knowledge of what they are allergic too, as it pertains to aromatherapy products and herbal plants. If an individual is allergic to lavender or chamomile, that is a good indicator that they would be allergic to the essential oil blends that contain them. It would be good clinical judgment to use an oil that did not contain those components, after exploring the details and nature of the reactions they have indicated.
PURPOSE: Skin patch testing should be used in individuals who are trying a Hen & Moon companion oil for the first time, to determine if there will be an occurrence of an allergic reaction/sensitivity to the product.
- To begin skin patch testing, the desired Hen & Moon (H&M) companion oil selected will be administered on the left forearm above the wrist.
- The oils have already been diluted with a carrier oil and can be applied directly to the test area (left forearm).
- Designated Oils
- Proper hand-washing must be performed before and after applying the essential oil blend.
- It is recommended that skin patch testing should be completed before any essential oil blend be applied liberally to the body.
- Apply 2-3 drops of H&M companion blend to a quarter size area on the left forearm of the individual. (The area can be circled and/or marked with a small band aid for easy recognition the next day).
- If the test is positive there might be itching or an onset of any irritation. If a reaction occurs, immediately remove the bandage and carefully wash the area with H&M body wash and water.
- If the test is negative there will be no rash or irritation after 24 hours and the individual is free to use the product and can be considered safe for to use on skin.
SKIN PATCH TESTING INSTRUCTIONS ARE SPECIFIC TO THE HEN & MOON PRODUCT LINE.
- WHILE UNDER PHYSICIANS CARE, NOTIFY PHYSICIAN PRIOR TO USE.
- IF PREGNANT OR NURSING, NOTIFY PHYSICIAN PRIOR TO USE.
- IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT ALL COMPANION OILS REQUIRE SKIN TESTING OVER A 24 HOUR PERIOD, TO DETERMINE ANY ALLERGIES/SKIN SENSITIVITY.
WHEN THE TERM DILUTION IS MENTIONED IN THE DIRECTIONS, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT THE HEN & MOON COMPANION OIL BE MIXED WITH THE HEN & MOON CARE PRODUCT SPECIFIC TO CARE NEED (I.E. BODY WASH, SHAMPOO, LOTION).
FOR RESEARCH, TESTIMONIALS, AND PROTOCOLS CONTACT METAMORPHOSIS HOLISTIC & INTEGRATIVE THERAPIES, LLC, DBA HEN & MOON.
The FDA has not evaluated the protocols recommended for these products. The products and any methods here are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any illness or disease. Nor is it intended to replace clinical judgment from a licensed medical provider. These products are meant for palliative and comfort care, and not meant to treat any specific hospice or medical diagnosis but to support the symptoms associated with various issues.